Elements of the Program
Compassion Educator Certificate Program
In the 10-week online CEA Compassion Educator Certificate Program, you will learn how to incorporate compassion perspectives, tools and skills into your work/daily life and teach these skills to others.
Each week of the program will include a focus topic and specific skill-building sessions to learn and practice teaching in an interactive and close-knit community of practice.
By joining the program, you will…
- Deepen your formal and informal daily practice of mindfulness, compassion, self compassion and contemplative inquiry.
- Gain a robust, nuanced understanding of the philosophy and design of contemplative compassion courses.
- Nurture your compassionate heart and increase your capacity to face challenges and suffering with more resilience and ease.
- Hone the skill and art of facilitating compassion classes in group teaching practice.
- Connect with a community of like-minded peers and establish professional connections and friendships.
- Deepen and integrate compassion as a response to everyday needs and demands in personal and professional settings.
Attending a compassion or mindfulness-based class is a prerequisite for the program. You’ll be asked to submit the course dates and the name of your teacher in the application.
Courses that apply toward your prerequisite are:
- Cognitively Based Compassion Training (CBCT)
- Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT)
- Cultivating Emotional Balance (CEB)
- Mindful Self Compassion (MSC)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness Based Emotional Balance (MBEB)
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a CEA Compassion Educator Certificate which will enable you to begin teaching compassion cultivation to others in a multi-week course or in the context of your other work.
After the program, whether you decide to teach a course or apply the work in another way, you’ll be eligible to attend eight 1-hour mentorship sessions to integrate and ground the learning in your context.
Dates and Tuition
- Program Dates: 10 Wednesdays, June 15-August 17, 2022 from 8:30 – 10:30 am PT live on Zoom
- Outside of class during the 10 weeks, you’ll complete 15-30 minutes of personal meditation practice per day and about 1 hour of homework per week.
- Instructor: Aly Waibel, PhD and guest CEA faculty
- Integration mentorship sessions: August 31-October 19 from 8:30-9:30am PT live on Zoom
- Tuition: 1,945 USD and need-based scholarships are available (application for scholarship is at the end of the program application)
CEA Certification is for change makers