Elements of the Program
Compassion Educator Certificate Program
In the 10-week online CEA Compassion Educator Certificate Program, you will learn how to incorporate compassion perspectives, tools and skills into your work/daily life and teach these skills to others.
Each week of the program will include a focus topic and specific skill-building sessions to learn and practice teaching in an interactive and close-knit community of practice.
By joining the program, you will…
- Deepen your formal and informal daily practice of mindfulness, compassion, self compassion and contemplative inquiry.
- Gain a robust, nuanced understanding of the philosophy and design of contemplative compassion courses.
- Nurture your compassionate heart and increase your capacity to face challenges and suffering with more resilience and ease.
- Hone the skill and art of facilitating compassion classes in group teaching practice.
- Connect with a community of like-minded peers and establish professional connections and friendships.
- Deepen and integrate compassion as a response to everyday needs and demands in personal and professional settings.
Attending a compassion or mindfulness-based contemplative education class is a prerequisite for the program. You’ll be asked to submit the course dates and the name of your teacher in the application.
Courses that apply toward your prerequisite include, and are not limited to
- Cognitively Based Compassion Training (CBCT)
- Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT)
- Cultivating Emotional Balance (CEB)
- Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness Based Emotional Balance (MBEB)
My favourite part was the engaging discussions with Aly, the group and the experts that made time to share their wisdom with us! They were extremely thought provoking and helped me build such precious connections of heart with Aly, James and the group members. I also loved when we got extra time in small groups during practice teaching as they helped us get to know eachother better.Vedanti Dave, India
The program exceeded expectations on teaching techniques and tool, teachings on self compassion and mindfulness and scientific studies on effects of mindfulness practices.Nitzan Blouin, Boulder CO
I’d encourage others to join the program to enhance their individual practice as well as gain confidence in sharing this age old and vital wisdom to others.Vedanti Dave, India
This program will inform your teaching style and techniques keeping inclusion as a top priority, and invite you to start your own self-injury journey.Nitzan Blouin, Boulder CO
The program was beautifully designed! I loved the fact that it not only has made me confident about teaching compassion but has helped me deepen my own mindfulness practice. Over the course of the program and life I have consciously tried to practice non judgement and have seen my compassion grow as a result of that. The program is a beautiful combination of research based evidence and the emotion based first hand experience of compassion.Vedanti Dave, India
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a CEA Compassion Educator Certificate which will enable you to begin teaching compassion cultivation to others in a multi-week course or in the context of your other work.
After the program, whether you decide to teach a course or apply the work in another way, you’ll be eligible to attend eight 1-hour mentorship sessions to integrate and ground the learning in your context.
CEA Certification is for change makers